Friday, May 23, 2008

Bragging Rights?!


What's that quote about saying everyone's special is just another way of saying no one's special? That's sort of how I felt as I sat at Kaleb's "Award Ceremony" Wednesday. Not that the kids aren't really special, it's just that it got annoying to hear every kid miraculously got just about every award. Although Kaleb did receive a few that he had to actually work for and only a hand full of kids got... Principal's Honor Award, Outstanding Penmanship (we take what we can get), and No Screen Week (he made it an entire week without watching t.v. or playing video/computer games... harder on the parents than the kids:))! Anyway, the kids had to sing the parents a song and this was Kaleb's reaction to the whole ordeal. Let me note this is about what he looked like during the Mother's Day primary performance when he was supposed to be singing with love and enthusiasm for his mother all the while holding a sunshine cutout :). Friends commented days later on how they were still getting a chuckle from it when thinking of my poor, tortured son leaning over the pulpit as if he might just die!!! Gotta love it! What'd I say...? Too cool!!! Well, just had to brag.?:)

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I think Kaleb is so handsome! He's a great big brother- and you should have bragging rights! I missed the Mother's Day expression- Megan was helping me...- I think that's so funny. Love the blog, love the pictures, love it, love it... :)

The Ormsby's said...

I love Kaleb's face. And he was cute standing up there in church with that same look! Good to hear ya brag, I like to brag about my kids too . . .