Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Millie!!!

Millie turned 1 September 26th! I can hardly believe it. I have no excuses for my pant size!!! Actually, I guess I haven't for a few months now. Oh well. We love having Millie in our family. She's sweet, but can get attitude... typical girl. :) She's definitely Dax's little princess and I'll admit I'm having fun with a girl around, too. The boys haven't gotten sick of her yet. They're always helpful with her and Emmett especially takes very good care of her while the other boys are at school. She's got a slew of protectors... I feel for the first boy she dates for sure! She can say mama, dada, ca-ca (cracker), and of course, NO. She just shakes her head for that, but she uses it at the right times. I can tell she has a good sense of humor, too. She laughs at things she shouldn't even understand. She loves peek-a-boo and pat-a-cakin! She loves to make messes, play with her brothers, chocolate (my daughter), and to sing. Whenever music comes on, she "la, la, las." It's awesome and makes my mother very proud. :) Anyway, I'm just grateful to be her mom!


This was a picture taken through the nursery glass of Dax looking at Millie right after she was born. I just love it. He knew before Emmett was even born that we had a little girl waiting to come join our family. When I called to tell him the dr. said "girl", he just said, "I told you I already knew that." She lights up when he comes into the room and probably always will... his "pretty princess!"

This is my first picture taken with Millie outside of the hospital. It was a candid my sister-in-law, Shalon snapped. I kind of like it. Look how little Mills is! Makes me kind of sad.






I waited 10 years for my mother-in-law to be able to make Millie's
blessing dress from my wedding dress. Yeah!!! It turned out beautifully!









Pics for fun... must take time to learn to do slide show. :)
























We love you, Millie!!!





2 comments:

The Ormsby's said...

She is sooo stinkin' cute!! I can't believe how fast this last year has gone!

joyce said...

So glad she had a fun birthday. She's so cute! I can't believe she's one. I still think of her as 4 months old. Why is that??